Office of Entrepreneurship & Innovation
The Office of Entrepreneurship and Innovation serves as the hub and resource center for innovation on Wofford’s campus, offering educational opportunities, resources, a community of support and professional connections to innovators and industry experts. We are committed to supporting student success and cultivating a lifelong, inclusive community of entrepreneurs and innovators driving economic and social impact. Our programs and opportunities are open to any Wofford student, faculty or staff member interested in entrepreneurship and innovation. We seek to create conditions for the collaborative pursuit of new ideas.
What We Provide
- Workshops + Speakers: Engage with and learn from successful entrepreneurs and area experts by attending one of our frequently offered workshops or speaker events.
- Monthly Meetups: An on ramp to the entrepreneurial community, our monthly meetups are a great way to meet fellow entrepreneurs, connect with our community, and learn something new!
- Terrier StartUP Challenge: Wofford’s annual new venture pitch competition. Student teams pitch their startup concepts for their share of $10,000 in funding.
- Rocket Fuel: Workshop series offered for students in the concept stage of developing a business. The series will guide students through the process of customer discovery, market-validation testing, prototype development and pitching. At the conclusion of the series, participants will be given access to seed funding up to $500 to bring their idea life.
- Certificate in Entrepreneurial Thinking (Interim): This course focuses on the entrepreneurial process involved in generating ideas and moving from the idea stage to action. Using the tools and practices associated with evidence-based entrepreneurship, student teams will immerse themselves in a continuous feedback loop of build, test, learn. Focus will be on opportunity recognition, customer engagement, business model creation and prototyping and gaining market validation. This course is highly experiential and designed to drive adaptability, curiosity, experimentation and collaboration in an effort to prepare students for greater success in entrepreneurial roles with established companies, social ventures and startups.
- Summer Accelerator: This is a paid opportunity to spend the summer working on your company.
- Startup Funding: The office of Entrepreneurship & Innovation offers a variety of funding mechanisms designed to support student founders at any stage. Contact a member of our team to learn more about applying for Rocket Fuel, a Low-interest loan, a Social Enterprise Grant, or the Terrier StartUP Challenge.